Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Watermelon Love

We bought a watermelon at the grocery store this past weekend. It became Carter's new best friend. He was in a cart with Jake and I could hear Carter from several aisles away as he shouted about his watermelon!

When we got home, he tried to unload it from the back of the van. It was too big for him but once we got it into the house, he took it into the living room and started rolling around on the floor with it. I suggested drawing a face on the watermelon but Jake thought that might solicit more tears once we actually cut up the melon.

Finally Carter agreed to let us cut it up. Here he is crying because I tried to give him a small piece to start with.

This is how Carter wanted to eat his watermelon. During nap time we chopped it up so everyone could finally enjoy it. He still talks about his watermelon and how he loves it!

No comments: