It's been a busy and full past 2 weeks. Not that there is ever much of a dull moment around here with four children anyway, but we've had much going on since the last post.
First, we've added a wizard to the family. He prefers a wand of wood, but it can be of any design and it doesn't matter if it is sharpened or not. (I prefer unsharpened for safety reasons. He goes with whatever seems to have the magic for the day!)

Ava has become quite the singer and performer. She's also whipped out some fun phrases. My two favorites are "Mom, whatever" and "Is this your room? No? Then you don't get any say on ...." You can imagine how often we butt heads with phrases like that! She uses the 2nd most often when she is picking out her clothes each day. So she walks around in a dress, skirt, and sweatpants one day and a tank top, t-shirt, sweatshirt, leggings, and shorts the next. It's not worth the battle and as long as all skin is covered with it being winter, I've decided I don't really care what she wears.

Most nights Carter and Hannah bathe together and Ellie and Ava shower together or right after each other. One night I was out with Ellie so Jake tossed the younger three in the tub together. They are running out of room!

Little one enjoys some naked time after her bath and will run away from you before you can get her dressed!

We actually had some snow a weekend or two ago. We decided to take Hannah out with the older kids to see what she thought of the snow.

She wasn't impressed! And since she won't walk in shoes, she definitely wasn't going to try walking in boots that are 2 sizes too big!

Last week we had a full week with illnesses aplenty. Ellie started our week off with a double ear infection on Monday. Tuesday afternoon, Carter got the flu. By the time I got home from work that night after only 2 hours away, Ava had joined Carter in the flu department. Jake stayed home Thursday because he didn't feel good himself. I had a hunch on Thursday that I was going to get a call from Ellie's school that day saying she was sick. I must have a sixth sense for these things because sure enough, during my lunch break, I received a call from the nurse. Poor Ellie had gotten sick in the line coming in from recess.
Due to a policy of the school's that children must have not been sick in the past 24 hours, Ellie got to stay home on Friday. I took both Wednesday off to be home with the twins and Friday off for poor Ellie. Everyone was feeling fine within 12 hours of getting the bug but we still had a relaxing day at home.
Hannah and I were fortunate enough to not get physically sick. A good thing too, because little one loves to eat table food now and enjoyed our simple Friday sick lunch of noodles and grapes.

The older three enjoyed our simple lunch too.

Snow the weekend before and this past weekend, it was already pretty much melted and we could go out and ride bikes and chalk. We took Hannah out again but as she refuses to walk in the shoes we have, she just stood there the whole time! A trip to Target is in store to look for more flexible shoes for her.

Sunday was Hannah Jade's 1st birthday! While we aren't celebrating until this Saturday, we did have a small birthday/Super Bowl bash with Jake's parents. Hannah is in the process of figuring out how many naps a day she wants. On her birthday, I knew she was tired at noon after having skipped a morning nap. I was hoping to get her fed with lunch and then put her down for a several hour afternoon nap. Despite a snack to occupy her while I made her lunch, when I came over with a plate, this is what I found! Poor girl couldn't make it any longer! Being 1 year old is tough work!

Here are some videos of the children dancing. The first is still sideways (sorry!) but shows both Hannah walking now and her smashing dance moves.
The second shows the older three grooving to some song on the tv. We are the next Von Trapp family singers with the bonus of dance skills!
No comments:
Post a Comment