Two weekends ago, MVMOM - the Mothers of Multiples group - had it's annual Santa Party. This is similar to the Halloween party and is again one of the parties I was in charge of planning for the two years I served on the board. Let me tell you, it is much more enjoyable to go to the event with zero responsibility than it is to have to plan and run it! The activities were fabulous and Santa and Mrs. Claus were awesome. The twins are no longer scared of Santa, which I think was helped by Santa looking fairly authentic. Somehow the board found a group that will dress up and do events for free for non-profit organizations. Amazing!
While there, we ate Christmas trees made from waffle cones, green frosting, and candy.
We made snow globes with baby food jars, winter themed toy pieces, glitter, and water.
One of us sat around bored as she was too little to join in many of the crafts.
And we even got an extra visit with Santa while making our necklaces! Talk about special! He visited with the kids for nearly 5 minutes as there was no one in line for his lap and we were the closest table to his spot. The kids had so much to tell him.
Here's our Christmas card for the year. Sorry if you didn't get one. I thought 40 would be enough but I'm thinking we might need to order 50-60 next year! This summer, I treated myself to Photoshop Elements when it was on sale and I've enjoyed playing in it while making things. I made up this entire card myself and then had it printed out. My poor mother had to check her email almost every day for a week while I made up various designs and layouts and sent them to her for feedback! I still haven't figured out how to edit my photos in Photoshop but I can whip up any type of card or wall art you might want!
Otherwise, all is wonderfully well and happy here. We are blessed with a healthy and fairly happy household (depends each day on each respective child's mood!). Despite my mid-month near meltdown, everything has come together for the holiday season as I had planned. I finished up the Christmas shopping Friday evening, got the yearbook photos for Ellie's school turned in on time, got my hair highlighted and cut, got the kids' haircuts done, and completed every other thing on my Before Christmas portion of the Before Baby list. We can sit back, relax, and enjoy our Christmas celebration the next two days. Carter has really gotten into the meaning of Christmas this year so I'm sure he will spend the next few days sharing it with all of us. As they say, "Jesus is the reason for the season!"
Wishing everyone a blessed and Merry Christmas!

No comments:
Post a Comment