Our family was joined last Thursday, 1/3/2013 by Sophia Madilyn. She was born at 1:15 pm and clocked in at 6 lbs 9 oz and was 20 inches long. She is a beautiful little baby and has truly completed our family!
Sophia wasn't actually due until today, 1/9, but the doctor agreed to do an elective induction with her. I'm not sure exactly why since he wouldn't consider it with Hannah when I had asked at the time but he was the one who brought it up at my appointment on the 2nd. He was on duty at the hospital for Thursday and I think since all my other babies have come quickly, he decided to put me out of my pregnancy misery and induce labor.
We arrived at the hospital at 7:30 am, my water was broke a little before 8 and the nurse started me on Pitocin (a labor inducer) sometime around 8:30. The contractions started up pretty quickly and I begged for my epidural around 10. I was only 1 cm dilated when we started all this so it took some time to get everything going. Once I started dilating though, I went from 4 cm to 6 cm to 9 cm in about a 2 hour time span. Fifteen minutes of pushing and there was little Sophia!!
Sophia truly has completed our family of seven. She is a peaceful baby and sleeps most of the time right now. Which I should add is a huge blessing as the older three are having a harder time adjusting to Sophia than they did to the addition of Hannah. Hannah has adjusted quite well considering she is such a mama's girl and isn't even 2 yet. Our only issue with Hannah is that she thinks she can also carry around Sophia and do as the older kids do with the baby. The bouncy seat now lives on the kitchen counter if I'm not in the living room and Hannah joins me for all showers and bathroom breaks so I know the baby is safe!
No comments:
Post a Comment