Wednesday, September 25, 2013

First Day of School!

 

Ellie's first day of 5th grade. Her last year in elementary school. How did this girl grow up so quickly? Seems like yesterday I took her to her Kindergarten orientation.

The drop off crew

First on the bus!

 By his locker at orientation
 
By her locker at orientation



1st official day of Kindergarten!!




My 3 school-agers

The neighborhood bus crew



Home from their first day

Class of 2031. She's got a few years ahead of her yet!

The kids have adjusted well to school. The twins go to A.M. Kindergarten. They love going to school every day and love their teacher Mrs. Molesky. Ellie has Mrs. Curry this year and seems to enjoy her as well. One thing we have noticed is that with school every day, Ava and Carter are tired in the evenings. We've had a lot more meltdowns and temper tantrums in the last few weeks. It's hard because they both have soccer practice in the evenings too. Ava practices on Tuesday nights and Carter on Thursdays. So bedtimes are later at least two nights of the week. There are only 3 more weeks of soccer games so once that ends, we'll be able to get back into a good bedtime routine and make sure the troops are fully rested.

Sorry for the month between posts. Between school starting, soccer practice and games, and dance class, things have been a bit nuts around here. I've also added another baby to my day by watching a neighbor's little girl. She started mid-August when she was 12 weeks old so with three under 2 during the day, I've been a bit occupied! I have tried to update the blog a few times but between crying babies or my browser not working, it hasn't happened. I had to download a new browser today but it seems to be working so I should be back to being able to update the blog, provided the little ones allow me the time!

No comments: