Ahhh, my subject title would be an excellent name for a book. Perhaps a book I shall write when I one day have the time. I have been thinking about blogging certain topics for quite a while. In fact, I even have a new direction I'd like the blog to go. (More about me and my sardonic sense of humor, about the same amount of info on the kids) But alas, I just can't find the time to get the posts I write from my head to the computer. You'd think that as a stay-at-home mom, I would have all the time in the world, but that is where you are wrong. There really is so much more to staying home than just caring for and playing with the kids. There are studies out there that estimate the worth of a stay-at-home parent at over $100,000, largely due to all the hats worn by this one person. Nanny, cook, maid, laundress, chauffeur, and so on and on and on. Add to this the fact that every now and then, I'd just like to take a day off since I "work" 24/7 and you can see why things don't get done around here.
As I write this, I see two loads of laundry to get folded, one to get moved to the dryer, and at least three more to get washed. Add to this a dishwasher that needs to be emptied and reloaded, toys all over the living room floor, one bed stripped and in need of new sheets, three other beds that haven't even been made in days and you can see where I might feel daunted by all these tasks! So rather than be productive during naptime and actually get this things done, I read books. I have this great philosophy of "why do today, what I can put off until tomorrow or even next week." It's really working for me. I feel so much more relaxed in life! Who cares if Jake doesn't have clean socks to wear tomorrow? He can pick some up off the laundry room floor and get two uses out of them. Ellie doesn't have sheets on her bed? Ah, that's what all those blankets are for. Just wrap up in them. This mama doesn't have time for the trivial things in life! I'm all about relaxation!
I will try to post in the next few days about my inspiration for the new blog direction. At this moment in time, I have two kids in the tub who are cold and a basket full of laundry to push out of my way to get to them. I suppose I'll just fold that tomorrow.....
No comments:
Post a Comment