Ava had her dental restoration surgery last Friday. 7 crowns and 2 fillings later, she now has a much better mouth. She was such a trooper. We had to be at the hospital at 6 am for her 7:30 surgery. Ava talked with all the nurses, let them take her blood pressure and temp, and was all around a very pleasant little girl in the pre-op room. I wish I had taken a picture of her sitting on the hospital bed watching Dora but it just didn't seem right to me to be taking photos of a child before surgery! She was so cute though!
Here she is at home Friday night. Her mouth wasn't nearly as puffy as it was when she came out of surgery but she is still pale.

Excuse the cracker crumbs, but here are some of the new teeth. You can see the two bottom stainless steel crowns and her eye teeth on top also have white crowns.


Ava was doing much better by Saturday afternoon but every now and then, she'll still tell me her mouth hurts. I think this is more due to the fact that she loves medicine and less that she has actual pain! We are glad to have this behind us though. I think Jake and I were more traumatized at the prospect of putting Ava under than she was! All is well though and we are now focused on keeping all 3 kids teeth clean.
2 comments:
HOLY CRAP!! What happened to her teeth? I had no clue! Glad she is doing well now!
Good question! I wish we know what caused them to become so bad. Think it was just something that happened while they were developing. Shouldn't affect the permanent teeth, thank goodness!
Post a Comment