Friday, July 16, 2010

Days of Summer!

I've recently come to the realization that the only way for me to survive the days of summer are to do as much as I can to exhaust the kids so they take great afternoon naps, giving me my much needed me time. So in the last couple weeks, we have been to the Nicollet Commons splash pad in Burnsville, Kelley Park in Apple Valley, and to the Lifetime Fitness pool for multiple swim sessions. The best thing about all these places? They are free! There is the monthly membership fee for Lifetime but since I'm there working out anyway, talk about a major plus using the awesome outdoor pool area with the kids post-workout. I will try to get a picture of it but they have a no camera rule, so I'll have to be stealth!

The Nicollet Commons splash pad is awesome! Made to look very natural and so fun!

Kelley Park is a combo of super safe park equipment complete with rubber matting on the ground,


And an area with water stuff to run through!
These two were done after a 3 hour swim session at Lifetime the other day.
I feel like I have finally figured out how to have win-win situations this summer. Although it means sacrificing some of the things I'd like to do, if I take these troops places and wear them out, I get happy, cooperative kids and also get a several hour break each afternoon when they collapse from exhaustion. The only problem at the moment is that I end up collapsing each afternoon from exhaustion as well!

1 comment:

The Hanlins said...

This is my philosophy as well! It's so much easier to stay busy!