Recent examples of the IQ levels running our household:
Alissa
Yesterday I was driving home from dropping the twins off at their preschool and running errands with Hannah. As I turned onto our street, the oil light came on, the van did a lurch, and then refused to accelerate. I luckily was able to coast the entire way down our street, which is long, and into our driveway. After shutting the car off, I tried to restart it several times to no avail.
In a full-on panic mode since the twins needed to be picked up in a little over two hours, I tried to troubleshoot. The van had gone almost 5,000 miles since its last oil change and I figured that's what had to be the problem. However, I didn't want to pay a tow truck if it just needed a little oil. Rich was able to leave work and pick up the twins since Jake had taken the bus to work so when he dropped them off, we checked the oil level in the car. Nearly bone dry.
Figuring that to be the problem, Rich stopped back after work with some oil. We put it in the engine, waited a few minutes, and tried to start the van. Nothing.
Rich asked me to explain what the van had done again. Then he asked how much gas I had.
Ooops. Knew I should have filled up on my way home instead of waiting.
(the van does work now that it has gas in it. and i took it in for an oil change today just to get it all taken care of)
Jake
Tonight Jake asked why the house felt so cold. Then he remembered that he had shut the heat off today since it was a balmy 40-something out.
"I was trying to save energy" he said to me as he turned it back on.
I looked around the house. The lights were on upstairs along with the computer that was playing music. Downstairs nearly all the lights were all on. The tv was running, the portable dvd player was on, and he had just powered up the radio.
Yep, bet that saved a lot of energy!
Please pray for our children that they might have a chance to succeed in life!
No comments:
Post a Comment