Not quite sure what was going on here but am guessing this is her form of exercise?!
Carter got some new kicks. His first bonafide pair of Nikes! The dude is now rocking. He picked this pair out himself. They are a little too big as Nike doesn't make half sizes in the toddler size and we decided to err on the side of too big versus just fit so that the shoes will last into the fall. It's been a learning experience for Carter as he does occasionally trip over his clown feet but he loves the shoes so much, it's worth it to him!
This baby loves her nightly bath! I've always been big on a bedtime routine but she's the one who started demanding the nightly bath already. She gets fussy in the evening but the minute you take her into the bathroom and start filling her tub, she calms right down. It's hilarious to watch her in the water as she lifts her toes in and out of the water, wiggles her hands around, and has even started lifting her butt up off the rest spot so she can float!
My multiples group had its spring sale the end of March. I took four large totes, three small ones, and several bags and random large things to sell. I brought home one large tote worth of stuff, much of it being clothing that will sell in the fall since they were more for colder weather. I sold $612 worth of stuff and 77% of my stuff! I've sold at the sales since the twins were born but it's always been random things that the kids either outgrew or a thinning out of the toys and books we have. Since the last baby is here, this was the big clothing clean-out. I can't wait until the fall sale to finish clearing out the boy clothing and start making progress on the girl clothing! And yes, that one tote is full of hangers. We have to hang all the clothing to sell it and the really smart people rifle through the hangers taken from the sold clothes so that they don't have to hunt down hangers elsewhere. I actually ended up filling the larger purple tote with all my hangers when I was done sorting through everything! Don't think I'll be needing hangers for a long time!
Ava has started wanting to sleep in Ellie's room with Ellie. We only permit it on the weekends since Ellie has school during the week and needs a good night sleep. Ellie isn't always a fan of having Ava in there with her, but when I went in later one night to peek at them, I found this. Don't think she minds too much!
I've been working on my photography skills. The entire time in Georgia I bemoaned the fact that I have a plain boring camera and can't do much with it. My mom told me to start working on my composition and improving the shots I can take with my little point-and-shoot. She found it hilarious that I didn't know what composition is yet want a $600 camera. Anyway, I started playing with my camera and found that it does have numerous settings and things I can change so while my photos won't be nearly as awesome as they would be if I had a DSLR, I will work with what I have now so when I do finally get my dream camera, I'm ready for it.
That's basically everything around here in a nutshell. Hannah slept from 9 pm - 5:45 this morning. I hope it wasn't a fluke and we can replicate it every night from here on out! I'm also waiting to hear if I won the classroom lottery to chaperone Ellie's field trip. They get to go see Annie at the Children's Theater and as I was thinking about getting tickets and taking her to it myself, this would be a great way to do it. They only need 5 chaperones and at least 10 parents volunteered so it is now up to the fates to decide if I get to go. I should know this afternoon! I hope I'm lucky enough to get picked as Annie was one of my favorite musicals growing up.
Have a great weekend all!
No comments:
Post a Comment