Saturday, August 27, 2011

Grammy & Grampy and Alex too!

Sorry we've been MIA for a while. We were busy getting ready for Grammy, Grampy, and Alex to come visit August 19th - 23rd and have since been busy recovering and getting back into our routine.

The kids were super excited to see everyone. They spent weeks planning out the sleeping arrangements. Ellie was to sleep with Grammy, Carter with Grampy, and Ava with Alex. Of course, it really went: Grammy with Ellie and Ava, Carter with Jake and I, Grampy in Carter's bed, and Alex on our couch! But the kids are all old enough that not seeing everyone for a few months doesn't seem to phaze them or have them make strange anymore.

You can decide who I look more like. I think I am a mutt but lean towards my Dad. However, my parents picked Ellie up at a birthday party and the mom said she could tell that my mom was my mother as we look similar. All I know is I got all the looks and Alex got the leftovers!!
Alex pile-up

Wrestling with Grampy

Attacking Grampy's hair

I gave my mom the idea to turn her wedding dress into purses for all the girls to have to use for their weddings. When they moved, she left the dress at my grandma's house. She brought it back so she could ship it to herself. I made her try it on and took this picture! The zipper got stuck halfway up over her ribcage, but not bad 26 years later! Except for the style of course. The dress is pretty but what was going on with the sleeves?! Crazy stuff going on in the 80's for sure!

We also had the Majeski reunion that Sunday. The kids had a blast running around and Ellie even went camping Saturday night.



Some of the great-grandchildren.

There are 17 total!

Some of the grandchildren.

With Joel's stepchildren, there are now 24 with a 25th due in the spring! Yikes!

What are we all laughing at you might wonder?

This guy, who took his role of making silly faces at us seriously!



We had a great visit and can't wait until Grammy, Grampy, and even Alex return for another visit!




No comments: