Regardless, we decided to get as much enjoyment out of the long weekend as possible. Friday night was a lay-low night with munchkins in bed early. Carter was so tired from outside time and lack of naps on Thursday and Friday that he fell asleep Friday night at 6:30! I was in the process of heating up some soup for him to eat and we were going to give him a quick scrub in the tub but he conked out in Jake's arms and slept until 7:30 the next morning!
Saturday was a beautiful day. The weather was cooler but still enjoyable. We went to the gym in the morning (gotta have my hour of Zumba - best workout ever!) and took naps in the afternoon. Papa came over that evening to watch college football with Daddy. We grilled hot dogs and played baseball in the back yard.
Monday was a rest up day because....
Today was the first day of school!
After Ellie left, the remaining crew and I made a quick trip to Target. When we got home, the beautiful fall weather beckoned and we decided to have a picnic lunch in the driveway. Chicken nuggets and baked beans are so much better al fresco!
Carrots and Apple Strawberry Banana are delicious eaten outside as well. Someone has figured out the camera! What a ham!
The little lady turned 7 months old on Monday! Can you believe it?! She's such a happy little girl.
At her 6 month check-up, Hannah clocked in at 18 lbs 4 oz (85%ile) and 27.5 inches long (93%ile). This baby is doing well. We made the switch to the convertible car seat as she was just too heavy to lug around in her infant seat!
Hannah is good at backwards scooting and is working on getting her knees underneath her. I've also caught her doing a little bit of a butt scoot to get to toys. It won't be long and she will be everywhere!
Carter is fasinated with dinosaurs and was so excited to find a dinosaur book in the dollar section. We all have a dinosaur counterpart. Carter is the velociraptor because he is fast.
The beautiful and pretty Ava. Those are the adjectives in our house that can only describe her. The rest of us can be cute, gorgeous, fabulous, or handsome. But only Ava is be-yootiful and pwetty.
I'm busy enjoying my last full week home with the kiddos. I start my part-time job next week. Yes, you read that right. After 4 years as the guardian of all things home, I am heading back out into the real world. The job is nothing fancy but it's something new on the resume, something that actually pays me versus this do-the-work-of-5-different-occupations-for-no-pay-at-all role I've had, and gets me out of the house. I'll be working with Lakeville school as an ECFE assistant. It's a pretty easy role of playing with kids during ECFE classes and supervising while their parents are in the parent discussion part of class.
Alex so thoughtfully asked if I don't get enough playing with kids at home but as my current role doesn't pay at all and I'll be getting a break from my own troops, I am very excited to have something different on the horizon. Of course, if you know me at all, you know I am spending the week hurriedly doing everything I've been wanting to get done for several months. We have a laid out plan for the week and should get most everything accomplished!
We are excited fall is here and for all the changes happening in our household! We obviously like a little chaos since we do have four children!
No comments:
Post a Comment