Sunday, September 18, 2011

Seasons of Change

Forgive the blog interruption. This past week was nuts with me starting work, finishing up all the stuff for the multiples group's fall sale, Ava getting the flu, and dealing with all the other day-to-day aspects of life. Here's what is new:

I'm official! I was formally approved by Lakeville Schools School Board to be an ECFE Assistant. I feel so official and important wearing a badge. Most of the teachers I work with do not wear their badges and just masking tape their name to their shirt. Not me! I'm all about strategically placing the badge so that I can feel important! I'm sure that will change eventually but not any time soon. I also will get my key tomorrow so I can stop banging on the back doors for someone to let me in! Needed to be formally approved before they could give me that as well.

On another note, the Little One (as we have now dubbed her. We have El-belle or Peachey, Gee or Baby Girl, Buddy, and now Little One) is a super happy and smiley baby. This was her reaction to the camera! What a ham!

No crawling yet, but she gets up on the knees and rocks like crazy. Once she figures out all the mechanics of moving arms and legs, she will be off!

She's also started pulling herself up. Little scamp! She wasn't figuring out the crawling fast enough so she's decided to work on both and can now get herself up to her knees. She can also go from crawl position to sitting and vice versa. Like I said, once she figures out how to move the arms and legs together, she will be off!

Of course, during my first week of work while I'm trying to figure out how to juggle working, 4 children, household chores, and other odds and ends, Ava decides to get the flu. Poor girl threw up a few times and had a fever.

A weekend of resting and she's almost back to normal. She still says her tummy hurts so we'll see if that continues a few more days but she is finally eating again and has a few moments when her spunky self shines through.

To add to the chaos of my first week of working a bonavide job since the twins were born, the multiples group had its fall sale on Saturday. This is most of what I took, minus a pile still in the loft being tagged.

I brought home one big bin of clothes and about half of a smaller bin. Not bad considering that is all the boy clothes that have been outgrown (including a pair of pants that I removed from the dryer Friday night and took with Saturday morning!), all girl clothes 0-9 months old and some girl clothes in bigger sizes that I thinned out. I also sold some books and toys but cleaned that area out pretty good in the spring so it was mostly clothing. Hurray for cleaning out the closets and garage shelves!


On a final note, I think we have a group of monkeys living in our house. Banana overload!


I told Jake when he went to get groceries on Saturday to NOT get bananas. I think all he heard was "bananas" so picked up some more. We generally eat all the bananas in a day or two after buying them as everyone here loves them. However, I think I will finally have a few to make banana bread. I made banana bread a week ago and it was devoured in a single day. This time, I might even intentionally let a handful go brown so I can make several loaves. Even Hannah loved banana bread!


I promise to not let such a long length of time lapse before I do another post. I'm getting this whole working-family balance figured out and should be able to find more free time. I will say that I feel the old Alissa creeping back! I do love being busy and having a little organized chaos in my life! I am working to keep it under control though. I walk that line of normal and OCD quite closely and have been noticing that I'm stepping over a little here and there.


(Yes Dad, my hands are as rough as sand paper again. I can't help it. I have to compulsively wash my hands every time I do something that seems dirty. I finally convinced myself that touching clean clothes is not dirty and no longer have to wash after folding, something I view as progress! This would not be such a concern if you had watched me a little closer when I was little and I hadn't fallen out of the back of the truck bed. That fall had to be what scrambled my brains a little!)

No comments: