The kids had a fun Halloween this year. We had a vampire, Rapunzel, Batman, and a princess/ballerina. We decided to go trick-or-treating right at 6 pm this year so we would still have light for some of the evening. This was a great year for Halloween as the older three all understand what to do and could run from house to house while Jake and I stood on the street supervising. We just went up and down our street and the kids' bags were nearly full by that point so we decided to call it a night. Just enough candy for them to feel successful but not so much that we will be eating candy for weeks!




Hannah is the only one who didn't find Halloween to be that fun. She was nearly asleep by the time we got home!

The loot! They all were practically in tears when I decided to put all the candy in one container. Ownership is very important to these three!

All in all, we had a good fall/Halloween. I opted for small painted pumpkins instead of carved pumpkins this year. If there is more time, next year we will try carving. I also had a really neat idea to paint clear glass jars orange to be jack-o-lanterns when a candle is placed inside but we didn't get to that project either. I will put my baby food jars away for next fall instead! As the kids get older, I want to make the different holidays fun and special for them so I need to start planning ahead more so if we end up with another crazy busy fall, I have most of the supplies on hand that I need.
Next up, Thanksgiving! I have visions of votive turkeys and other fun fall decor for our 2nd Thanksgiving at home with just us and the kids. Now to get those crafts done!
No comments:
Post a Comment