On the pontoon
Makin' waves and catchin' rays up on the roof
Jumpin' out the back, don't act like you don't want to
Party in slow motion
Out here in the open
Mmmmmmm...motorboatin'
(Little Big Town)
(Little Big Town)
To celebrate Tony's birthday, we all went out to the cabin Tony's parents have about 25 minutes south of Lakeville. We took a ride on the pontoon, hung around a fire, and ate a delicious meal of kettle cooked chicken, fresh garden veggies, and yummy cheesy potatoes.
Jake showing off what a man he is before he jumps into the lake in the middle of September.
"Hmm, am I sure I want to do this?"
It was much colder than Jake anticipated. I can't repeat the words he uttered when he popped back up to the top but suffice it to say, a lake that is cold in July is going to feel even colder in September!
It took Hannah a little bit to develop her sea legs. She stood at an angle for at least 5 minutes until she finally felt she could walk around normally!
Hannah and Bells jamming to the tunes!
Captain Thomas (Tony's brother)
He drives the pontoon and plays dj. Don't step out of line or Captain Thomas will get after you! And don't bother to make requests of the dj. Thomas will select all the music, thank you very much!
Picturesque!
After dinner, we tossed the troops in the tub. I think this is the first bath Banana and Bells have taken together. We'll have to add Bethie in when she comes to visit in a few weeks!
We all had a blast at the cabin. Everyone was asleep within 10 minutes of getting home. Fresh September air, outside for hours, stuffed from a fabulous meal, and scrubbed clean and clean jammies on. Does it get much better?! A cabin is on our someday list.
I've finally ventured out of auto mode on the camera and am playing in the shutter speed mode. I like putting the pictures on the computer and being able to see what I've done when taking them. Somehow many of my backgrounds are blurry and I'm not even sure what I did to make it happen! I like it though! I took lots of pictures of the shoreline of the lake. I definitely need a zoom lens for next time. Hint, hint. Christmas is close! (mom? dad? anyone?!)
No comments:
Post a Comment