Thursday, September 13, 2012

Party Animal

One of Jake's cousins got married this past weekend.  When planning our trip down to the wedding, we tacked on a visit to my dad's parents as well so they could get a chance to see the family this fall.  We asked them ahead of time if we could leave the older trio with them for the evening and just take Hannah to the wedding with us.  They agreed and so Ellie, Ava, and Carter got to spend a fun low-key evening with their great-grandparents and Jake and I had to deal with only one child at the wedding.  If only we'd known the child we decided to take with us!
 
Hannah started the party off by devouring a chocolate cupcake.  She impatiently sat through one of the shortest wedding ceremonies I've been to.  Turns out the girl was hungry and was in a much better mood once we hit the buffet and filled up on crackers, cheese, sandwiches, fruit, and a cupcake.

Light music played while people mingled and ate so Hannah warmed up herself and the dance floor for the party later.

We exited the tent for a while so she could run around the golf course (same place Jake and I had our reception!).  She also played with Isabella.  See the joy on Isabella's face to have Hannah "play" with her?!

Then the dancing started.  Hannah loves music so she lingered by the dance floor watching everyone dance.  The DJ put "Love Shack" on and Hannah let loose!  She started by mingling under the small groups of feet (strangers' feet I should add!) and the groups expanded to give her room to boogie.  Next thing I knew, Hannah had most of the dance floor circled around her cheering while she got down!


The little lady hogged the dance floor for the entire song and didn't stop for a second.  She even clapped for herself when the song ended!  I was laughing so hard I had tears streaming down my face.  I guess we know which child loves the spotlight the most!
 
Here is a video of Hannah I shot a week or so earlier.  This will give you an idea of the dance moves she was whipping out.  This little girl loves music and loves to dance!  We have another family wedding at the end of the month and all the children will be coming along.  I can't wait to see what she does on the dance floor there!
 
 
Here's a picture of Jake and I all dolled up for the wedding.  We clean up pretty well!

No comments: