We've slowly been adjusting to life with a 7th family member. This little nugget is so very sweet and lovable.
But like all babies, she can be demanding. Sophia is at that point where she is starting to develop a schedule but it doesn't always remain consistent. For this type of mama, consistency is necessary for my sanity! So we are still working on figuring everything out. While Sophia has her times when she only wants to be held and snuggled and prevents me from getting anything done, she has started sleeping from about 10 pm - 3 or 4 am so I can't complain too much. While a messy, chaotic house drives me crazy, I do much better with it all when I'm rested. I guess she's got me there :)
As you can tell from the pictures, Sophia doesn't shy away from eating. This girl is sucking down a good 4 oz every 2.5-3 hours during the day now. She goes in next week for her 2 month check up so it will be interesting to see how big she really is. I'd guess she's hovering around the 10-11 lb mark.
{Here Sophia is modeling my Valentine's Day present to myself. "Didn't you already have that necklace?" you ask. Well, yes, yes I did. I ordered it after my final baby was born two years ago. Obviously that changed and I needed one with Sophia added on. Plus I never really liked the font I selected on the old one so I got my favorite font this time. This necklace tops off at 32 letters and spaces and our five clock in at 30. Sophia has to be our last since I can't fit anymore on this necklace! Necklace is from the Vintage Pearl.}
I wouldn't be able to get much done if it wasn't for my right-hand lady. I was trying to make dinner the other night and Sophia would cry every time I put her down. My darling Ellie offered to hold Sophia, while she worked on her homework no less. That's why Ellie is one of my favorites! {I have five of them you know!}
Otherwise, we are all just hanging in there, counting down the days until Spring is here and we can finally get outside on a regular basis. After getting around 4.5 inches of snow Thursday night into Friday, Sunday was not only a day above freezing, but warm enough to start melting our snow piles. It felt wonderful to get outside, breathe fresh air, and feel the sun on our faces!
Ava thought it was so warm, she could wear her spring jacket. Soon enough, my dear!
I hate to rush time along since every time we have a little baby in the house, I realize how precious time is and how quickly it moves on. Sophia will be 2 months old already next week, which just baffles me that it could be that long already. On the other hand, our whole family is looking forward to April and May. The weather is warm enough for us to get play time outside every day, the snow is gone and we can really scrub the house and garage, the windows are open to air out the stuffy house, the baby will be old enough to go the gym {the child center requires babies to be 3 months old. I'm getting to the gym 2-3 times a week but am eager to get back into my regular schedule and to go whenever I want without having to find a sitter for Sophia}, and the baby should finally have a solid schedule of when she naps so we can plan our days. Spring is around the corner and the Wendorff family is ready to welcome it with open arms! Until then, we'll continue to slog along and work on getting into a new rhythm with Sophia in the mix.
1 comment:
Haha! Hannah shoveling. Love it!
Post a Comment