Finally hauled the camera upstairs and to the computer so here's an update of the last month and a half.
First up: a trip to the zoo one Saturday in mid-May
The wonderful thing about being only 10 minutes from the zoo and having a membership is that we can go for only an hour or two at a time and it doesn't feel like a waste of money. It was a cold day in May so we stuck to the Tropics Trail and the Minnesota Trail and came home. Maybe one of these days it will finally be warm enough to walk the Northern Trail and see the Africa exhibit!
{as you can see from the bottom-most picture, Hannah likes to "run" the zoo. Jake had to chase her down when we left one of the trails as she was off once she hit open space. girl knows how to people weave like it's her job!}
Sophia is getting very expressive! She slept the whole time we were at the zoo but had fun in the exersaucer when we got home.
We jokingly call Sophia "the vampire" as she still isn't used to the sun. It would help if we saw it more than a single week all year but on this nice day in May, she just laid there with her eyes closed.
The twinks graduated preschool!! Here they are with one of their good friends Annika and with their teachers.
I took a pic of the twinks with their "diplomas" when we got home. Ava refused to smile because I took Carter's picture first and she's older. Apparently being older means you should always come first?
Ellie turned 10 on May 30th!!! I still can't believe she is 10 years old. Makes me glad that our elementary system is a K-5 as I don't think I could handle it if she was off to middle school next year. One more year to adjust to that idea!
I promised Ellie a party this year so we put one together at home. Pinterest is a god-send as I found some ideas there. The girls painted 5x7 canvases, dressed up with some props in our photo booth, played a game that they all seemed to know but I still don't quite understand, and munched on a homemade pizza roll recipe I found on Pinterest (and that they all loved!!). She had a great time and it was fun to get to know some of her friends more. I hear about them but we don't invite friends over very often since we already have a full house.
Ellie with all her friends. Doesn't she look so grown up?! How'd she get so old?
Hannah Banana loves playing outside
Somehow in the mix of all the craziness of preschool and school ending (today is Ellie's last day of 4th grade), the little nugget turned 5 months old! I can't believe she's getting so big. Sophia can practically sit up by herself. It helps to be so chunky as it gives a nice base to start from! She despises tummy time and hasn't figured out rolling yet. We need to work on that as she's almost finished with physical therapy. The last thing the therapist wants to see her do is to roll as children with torticollis have a harder time with that. Her head tilt is better so once she can roll, I think we'll be freed from physical therapy! We're also looking to start solids in the next couple weeks. The recommendation is to wait until 6 months to start solids but the doctor said if Sophia shows interest in food, we can start sooner. Considering that she tries to reach for anything I might be eating while holding her, I'd say she's just about ready.
Yay! I think we are all caught up now!! That's life at the Wendorff household at the moment.





No comments:
Post a Comment