Saturday, November 23, 2013

Twins Turn 6!

The twins turned 6 in October! It's hard to believe that they are six years old already. I still remember holding tiny little Ava in my arms and being afraid of hurting her since she was such a little peanut.

We did the twins' family party the weekend before their birthday.


They both got tons of presents that they loved. Carter's theme was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He is obsessed with getting all things Turtles. He's well on his way there with all the Turtle stuff he got for his birthday. We let Ava get her ears pierced as her gift so she got earrings, stationary for mailing letters, and a Ken to counter all her Barbies, along with some other things too.
Someone else loves the Turtles in our house too! She was overjoyed to see all the new stuff Carter got. Don't know many 2 year olds who love Mickey Mouse and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!




The weekend after their birthday, we did the twins' first friend party at Lifetime with a bounce house. The kids had a blast. As the party is limited to 12 children, including the birthday child(ren), we let each kid pick 5 friends. Ava's friends are a mix of preschool friends, soccer team friends, and an old neighborhood friend she still sees at school.

Carter's mix was a neighborhood friend, a soccer teammate, two friends from school, and a preschool friend's brother (who came in Ava's bunch. They go over there for playdates and he's only 1.5 years older so the four all play together).

They had lots of fun jumping in the bounce house, running around the gym on scooters, playing games, eating pizza and cupcakes and opening presents. Jake and I enjoyed doing nothing! After holding parties for Ellie on my own, it was a treat to not have to plan every activity. There were 3 girls in charge of running the show and they did everything except put my gift bags together. I think they would have but I had tossed everything in a bag to bring with and they didn't know how I planned to divide things up. To Jake and I, it was worth every penny to not have the mess and the planning!



It's hard to believe these two are getting so old and grown up. They had their 6 year check up this week. Ava weighs 44 lbs and is 43 inches tall. Carter is 54 lbs and 46 inches tall. Both tall enough to go on rides and waterslides! They sailed through their vision and hearing tests and are both perfectly healthy. It's such a blessing to have these two and to see the bond between them. I can't pretend to fathom what it must be like to be a twin. That connection is something no one else can understand. Despite their regular sibling spats, they love to snuggle with each other and I still find the two of them sleeping together on the weekends. Always touching in some way when they sleep together too. I can't wait to watch how their connection develops as they get older! 

Love you both Ava Marie and Carter Jacob!

No comments: