Monday, December 7, 2009

Busy Bees!

I realized today that I have neglected the blog for several weeks now. Oops! In my defense, we had been super busy getting things ready for Thanksgiving and our visitors. Grammy, Grampy, and Alex all flew back to MN to celebrate Thanksgiving with the rest of the Ramaker's and to see our new house and play with us. Before they came, I painted the half bath on the main level and Ellie's room, two big projects for me on my own. We had a fabulous time while they were here. Of course my camera battery was dead and I forgot to charge it the entire visit so we don't have any photos, but many fond memories instead! I also put them to work during the visit helping me with some projects around the house. Thanks to my wonderful dad who can't just do the work, but has to teach as well, I now know how to use the cordless drill, look for studs, install anchors, and such! Everything they did to help out (installing towel rings and toilet paper holders in all 3 baths, hanging the stair rail, fixing E's dresser, helping hang some wall decor) has really made this place come together and actually feel finished.

I have included some photos of the two freshly painted and finished rooms for all to see. The bathroom is completely finished. Ellie's room just needs a few finishing touches. The frames above her bed are empty as Grammy is painting her two pictures for them and I'd like to get her new bedding but haven't found anything I like yet.

Saturday morning couch chilling
Poor Ellie was sick this weekend and feel asleep at 11 am Saturday morning and still took a 2 hour nap in the afternoon! Just a fever and sick eyes, but the poor thing was wiped out!
The half bath. A little mintier than the sage green I intended but looks good with the cubes and art on the walls. Please note the towel ring and toilet paper holder that I installed with my Dad's help!

Ellie's pink room, now dubbed the "Diva Room".
Like the Audrey picture? I found it at Home Goods and wanted to buy it for myself but knew Jake would not want it anywhere. Ingenious/devious Ellie offered her room for the picture. I have a feeling it will be a fight for this picture in the future when I actually have somewhere else I'd like to put it!

Stay tuned! I intend to make a few more posts this week to catch up!

No comments: