Wednesday, December 9, 2009

O Christmas Tree!

In lieu of this snow day we just had thanks to a large dumping of snow, I thought it appropriate to post pictures of our Christmas tree. This beauty is courtesy of Menards and was an impulse buy when my parents were in town. I feel that a real tree is the only way to go at Christmas and while I don't think Jake really cares either way, he thinks fake are more convenient. My mom and I had run to Menards to get some things for our projects and saw the trees out front. The prices were great and they had a firs, which are a must with little kids as they don't hurt, so I told my mom we had to get one. She knew Jake would have a fit but being the great trooper that she is, still helped me pick one out and bring it home! It was interesting to buy as all the trees were wrapped up so you couldn't see how they looked! Luckily I am a great guesser and picked out this one, which is perfect. The best part is Jake didn't even care! I think I'll sway him in favor of real trees one of these years!

Decorating the tree was an interesting process. Ellie wanted to help and so did Ava. Ava tried so hard to put the ornaments on the branches just right. Carter had more fun banging the ornaments together and succeeded in breaking at least one. I had to wait until nap time one day to fix the tree so the ornaments weren't all in one place and all my favorites were out of Carter's reach. They have all left it alone for the most part since as I think they enjoy looking at it too.




No comments: