Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Kid Creations

Lest you think I keep all the fun in creating to myself, here are my progeny also sharing in the creation vibe. Last Thursday, on Ellie's second day home from school (sick twice on Tuesday, fine all day Wednesday, and goes and gets sick on me at 3 am Thursday morning, meaning yet another day home before able to return to school), I needed to find something new to entertain the kids. I'm not a fan of anything that tends to cause messes which is why paint and play-doh are not things my children see a lot.

However, we were struggling. Everyone was stir-crazy and we needed something different to do. So I gathered up all my courage and dug out the paints. The kids had a great time painting. It was a stressful half hour as I worried about my floors and where the paint would go but everyone kept the paint on the paper. This was good practice for me as many of the Christmas presents the kids are getting are those "forbidden" items. We have more than enough toys so I decided to venture into the arts and crafts area for this year's presents. My kids will get more time to be creative and I may even learn to relax about messes a little bit!





No comments: