You know that old adage about "when it rains, it pours"? Yeah, it's pouring over here.
Whoever thinks that December is a relaxing, enjoyable month is full of crap, on something, or must live alone in the middle of nowhere.
Here's my two week plan before Christmas:
6th: Twins' preschool 9:30-2, Math class 6-8:50 pm
7th: Twins' 3 year check-up 11 am - 12:30 pm, Multiples group board dinner 6:30-9:30 pm
8th: 2 hour late start at E's school, E's FEP (religious) class 7-8:15 w/ Christmas Program at 7:20
9th: ECFE w/ twins 9:45-11:45, Education final at 1 pm, pick up crib from fellow multiples group member half hour away at 4:30
10th: numerous assignments for two classes due, including 1500 word book report on book that I am 75 of 250 pages into
11th: Education class 8-10, Multiples group Holiday Party 9-12:30 (hence the education final on Thursday so I can leave early for the Holiday Party, which I am still trying to plan at this point)
12th: Take a deep breath, big history essay due, two history quizzes due
13th: Twins' preschool 9:30-2 w/ Christmas program at 1 pm, Math final @ 6 pm
14th: Multiples group general meeting 6:30-9, final Children's Lit assignment due (book that needs to be read yet and analyzed)
15th: 32 week check-up 10:30 am, History final on campus 2 pm
16th: ECFE w/ twins 9:45-11:45
17th: Lay on couch all day and attempt to recover from two weeks of pure chaos and more activities taking place than I ever care to attempt in a two week span again, then gear up for the Christmas events taking place the next week
Of course, some of this might be more manageable if I would actually work on what needs to be done. I could actually try reading the biography on John & Abigail Adams that I need to write about by tomorrow midnight. I could write the paper on my teaching philosophy due Saturday morning. I could finish tracing patterns for the holiday party's craft and start cutting them out. But what fun would it be if I actually started to work on all these things? Then I might actually get them done in a timely manner versus sitting at the computer Friday night at 11:57 pm attempting to upload my book review due at 11:59.
I'm looking forward to December 26th. School will have been finished for a week, Christmas and all the accompanying events will be over, and I will finally have some downtime in which to sit and ponder life. Oh wait, we have a baby that will be due less than 6 weeks after that, a bedroom that needs painting, a house that could really use a good top-to-bottom scrub down (although this might be more of the nesting thing versus actual necessity), and numerous other things that have been on my to-do list since September and that I was going to get to during my 3 week break from classes.
If you see me anytime soon and I look a little flatter to you, it's because I've been run over by the steamroller of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment