Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Now I know why....

I've never gone to get a pedicure before.

It's heavenly. Pure bliss. The greatest 45 minutes I've experienced in a while.

I always figured a pedicure was more or less a glorified nail painting. They charge you twice the price of a manicure, rub your feet a little, and paint your nails. So I've never had one. Why would I pay someone to paint my nails when I can do it myself for free?

However, Holly had my name for Christmas and decided to give me a gift certificate for a pedicure. She figured that would be a nice treat for right before the baby was born. And was she ever right!

They don't just rub your feet, they massage. And not just your feet, all the way up to the knees. For like 10 minutes a leg. Aaaaahhhhhh! Plus your feet sit in a tub with hot, bubbly water. The chair is a massaging chair. With multiple massage settings and options. I even had it massaging my butt.

The lady doing my pedicure looked at me in concern a few times. I imagine it was because I was sitting there with my mouth hanging open and drool pouring out. It was that fantastic! I had to keep my hands half on my lap and half on my legs to keep myself from sliding right out of the chair and onto the floor.

So now I'm a convert. Pedicures are one of God's gift to women. He punished us by creating man first, fixed his mistake by creating woman, and then thought up the pedicure to give women something to relax with after dealing with man.

The only problem is that while I'm a convert, I'm still cheap. I have a hard time justifying the cost of the pedi once a year, much less on a regular basis. So my next project is to teach my children how to rub my feet just so. I'll stick my feet in their bath, they can blow bubbles around my feet, and then they can massage my legs. Perfect!

On another note, the baby appears to be in no hurry to come. Nothing has really changed from last week, which hadn't changed from the week before. This little bugger is going to hang out in there until its due date! Which is why I went for the pedi. Several people have told me that pedis can induce labor. Something to do with the most nerve endings in the body, blah blah blah. Of course, Addie, my nurse practitioner, said that this is all myth or they'd be sending every woman in her 39th/40th week to get one. Which is unfortunate as that was the main reason I'd saved the gift certificate until now. So now I'm off to find other ways I can encourage this baby to come out. I wonder if I bundled up enough, if I would just look fat and they'd let me go tubing at Buck Hill? You'd think a couple trips down the tubing hill would do the trick......

No comments: