*One of Carter's new phrases is "Mom (or whoever he is speaking to), look me in the eyes." Guess he wants to make sure he has our undivided attention. However, he is starting to say it every time he talks to me and it is not quite so cute anymore!
*Carter also quotes from movies and shows he likes. He grabs the stuffed Nemo we have and can say the whole scene from Finding Nemo where Nemo and his friends are swimming out to touch the boat and Nemo's dad is yelling at him. His favorite line is "Look at me, I'm going to touch the butt!"
*Ava has decided that a baby brother is a better choice. I mentioned once that a baby sister might take her Barbies and now she is adamant that she wants a baby brother. Anytime you ask her what the baby is, her response is "A baby brother. A baby sister will take my Barbies from me."
*The other night we were laying in bed talking before sleep. We were discussing the baby again and what they thought it would be. Both Ava & Carter said it would be a brother. I tried to explain that it could be a sister too and that it was a surprise. Carter shouted "No! We need a brother!"
*If it is a brother, Ava wants to name it Carter. She would like two Carters.
*Ava has started randomly calling me "dude". Example: "Can you wash me an apple dude?"
*Ellie is rocking all her spelling tests lately. I quiz her every Friday morning until she is blue in the face from spelling the same words over and over. However, she's been getting all the regular words right and most of the bonus words so I'd say it's working!
*Baby is still hanging in there. Nothing changed from last week, which was one of the most disappointing things I've heard in a long time! I was hoping to leave my appointment on Wednesday being told to head right over to the hospital to deliver. Wishful thinking! Doctor says that everything at this point is developed though so it can come whenever. I'm thinking tomorrow sounds great.....
*Ava and Carter also have babies in their tummies. They let me feel their babies kick. They are both having baby brothers. Ava has started using her baby as an excuse for things though. "I can't eat that, my baby doesn't like it." "My baby is hurting my tummy so I can't do that."
*Carter has finally started pooping on the potty! Just in the nick of time! We still diaper at night because they both go a lot at night even with limited evening liquids and going right before bed, but to not need pull-ups for his twice daily poops is great! He just one day decided to hop on the toilet and go and hasn't stopped since! It was much easier than when we had to bribe Ellie at over 3.5 to poop on the potty. At least one child picked up the peeing and pooping at the same time and easily. Still not sure why two of my children preferred the pull-up for so long....
*We are currently all going stir-crazy. At -11 at the moment and a high of 1 degree for the day, we find ourselves spending a lot of time inside our house. It takes too long for me to waddle and herd two 3 year olds anywhere so we just stay home. Plus, every time I've been to the gym the last couple weeks, I get a lot of looks. I think many fellow gym patrons are worried I will go into labor while on the treadmill. As if my slow plod could really cause this baby to come!
*Here's hoping I will have an update with a baby face in the next week. I've thrown the towel in mentally but the baby still isn't getting the message. Hopefully a full house scrub down this weekend will encourage it that now is the time. I was going to clean the van today too but I like having 10 fingers so I will wait until a warmer day ;) We are all definitely looking forward to spring, warmer weather, and being able to be outside without so many layers.
No comments:
Post a Comment