Then last night, Ava was talking to me about what she and her best friend were going to go do. I asked her if she meant Carter. "No," she responded. "Ellie's my best friend, Carter is just my brother." That one slightly broke my heart because while I'm glad the girls enjoy playing together, poor Carter gets left out a lot.
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Best Friends
I've been hearing the phrase "best friend" around here a lot lately. The first instance was one night in the tub when Carter took one of Ava's toys and wouldn't give it back. "Grrr, Carter if you don't give that back to me, you won't be my best friend anymore!" was what I heard Ava say.
Then last night, Ava was talking to me about what she and her best friend were going to go do. I asked her if she meant Carter. "No," she responded. "Ellie's my best friend, Carter is just my brother." That one slightly broke my heart because while I'm glad the girls enjoy playing together, poor Carter gets left out a lot.
Here is a pic of the sometimes best friends singing. Remember before Christmas when I shared my dream of having these kids sing Christmas Canon? I started playing the video for them on Youtube. Now it is all Carter will listen to. Over and over and over again. However, all the listening to the song has helped both of them to learn the words. They will both stand there and sing along with the song! It is one of the most adorable things I have ever seen! I've tried to get it on video, but I'm lucky to have gotten this one shot as they both get embarrassed when they see the camera. Looks like I'll be able to make that dream of all my kids singing that song a reality in a couple years though!
Then last night, Ava was talking to me about what she and her best friend were going to go do. I asked her if she meant Carter. "No," she responded. "Ellie's my best friend, Carter is just my brother." That one slightly broke my heart because while I'm glad the girls enjoy playing together, poor Carter gets left out a lot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment