HANNAH JADE
born February 5th at 1:38 am
7 pounds 2 ounces and 20 inches long
Everyone here at home is enamored with her! All we've heard all afternoon and evening is whose turn it is to be close to her. Ellie got upset earlier when I told her that I was just going to hold Hannah for awhile to keep her safe from all the affections. I had to remind Ellie that Hannah will be here tomorrow, the next day, and forever! Ava likes to look at her but then goes about her business, coming back to check on her from time to time. Carter is concerned with absolutely everything about her: here's her bottle, here's her nukie, where did her blankie go, etc. In fact, as I type this, he is at my side kissing and touching her head.
Delivery went as well as can be expected when you don't get to the hospital in time for an epidural! I was told to call the doctor when contractions were about 7 minutes apart for an hour. Friday night, the 4th, my contractions started around 9/9:30 at about 7-8 minutes apart. By the time an hour or so had passed, they were down to about 6. I waited another 45 minutes to actually time them out, at which point they were 4 minutes apart. I finally called in, was told to come get checked out, and made the call to Jake's mom to come over to watch the troops. Jake and I left for the hospital around 12:15 am on the 5th. It was a deja vu of when Ellie was born. As they were checking to see how dilated I was, the nurse said something about there not being much there. I thought she meant I wasn't that dilated and would have started crying since the pain was already reaching unbearable. However, she meant that there wasn't much cervix at all and I was pretty much ready to go. They had already asked me what I'd like to do about pain management and she apologized and said that there was no way I was going to get that epidural as I was basically ready to go. Just as with Ellie, I had to wait for the doctor to get there! I was told by the nurses and the doctor though that I am a real trooper and do a great job giving birth. The doctor was impressed that I was ready to go already since I had sounded so calm on the phone. I must have really good self-control for outward appearances since inside I was screaming! Jake's favorite line during the delivery process was when I told the doctor to just cut her out. I didn't realize her head was already 1/3 of the way out! But all is well. She slept really well both nights at the hospital so I hope we can carry that on at home. The only thing she doesn't like is being unwrapped or undressed, especially for diaper changes. She gets real loud and mad at that point! She is a healthy little doll and we couldn't love her more!
1 comment:
Congrats on your little doll!
Post a Comment