Here's the group that she was in. She knew one boy from her school in the group. That goes to show just how big our church is! This picture was taken at her Thursday dress rehearsal. The church requested that all children show up in their clothing so that the professional pictures could be done that night. The girls were not required to wear special white dresses and could wear anything springy. Being economical, I found a white spring dress for Ellie that would work for 1st communion but can still be worn for other events. I'm glad I found something white since all the other girls in her group had fancy white dresses! Most had the veil too, but not being Catholic myself, I feel that is a little overkill. She still looked adorable in my eyes and I didn't spend a ridiculous amount of money for a one-hour event.
Here she is in the processional Saturday. She was so nervous!
Anyway, she had a great day and the Mass was followed by a small party at our house. Ellie got lots of nice gifts and money, which she is really excited about since she would like another American Girl doll and I told her she needs to save up her own money to buy all or most of the doll. She's halfway there after Saturday and her birthday is the end of the month so she's hopeful to have enough in just a few weeks. I haven't yet broken the news that some of her money needs to go in her savings account. I don't imagine it will go over well!
Being a sacrament happy family, we have Hannah's baptism this weekend. I begged and pleaded but with 200 children receiving 1st communion the first two weekends in May, the regular Mass schedule, confirmations, and everything else that the priests have going on, the church was unwilling to squeeze Hannah's baptism in the same weekend as Ellie's 1st communion. So we scheduled as close together as we could so we can have one big celebration for both.
The church office informed me when I was dropping off information for both events that with the age spread, it is likely that Ellie will have confirmation the same year Hannah has her first communion. Guess we'll always have to do double parties, especially since the other two are twins and will go through everything at the same time! I'm still trying to decide if this is one more twist in my wild-and-crazy life or a helpful situation. Only time will tell!
1 comment:
I love the cupcake cross cake! Where is it from? (We hope to get our twins baptized sometime in June or July, so we will need a cake!)
Post a Comment