Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Decorating

We've been hard at work getting the house decorated for Christmas.

Grammy sewed like a maniac so she could get Hannah's stocking to us so I could hang them all up. I was not going to decorate the mantle or hang a single stocking until the entire family was represented! We love the stockings that Grammy has made us and added to as our family grows!

(J- star, AN- heart, E- snowman, AM- angel, C- gingerbread man, H- elf)

We also picked out our tree and decorated it. The kids were so excited to go select a tree! We went to Home Depot this year where the selection was much better than Menards and going on a Monday the weekend after Thanksgiving meant that the selection was still fabulous!

Family pic with the tree we selected. Special thanks to the Home Depot lady who was kind enough to attempt to take a picture!

Ready to take the tree home. After last year's tipped tree, we bought a new sturdy stand to handle these children!

Carter was so excited to hang "jingle bells" (ornaments) on the tree that he couldn't wait to get the netting off the tree and get it into the house!

Finished!


The pretty tree, minus the children. This is roughly what it looks like. A few ornaments get changed around each day by Ava and Carter but for the most part, this is the tree!


In all my blog following, I came across an awesome idea for holiday candle holders. A trip to the dollar store for 4 glass vases, an old book that Ellie got from her school library's discard pile (sorry for the missing pages Ellie!), and a little Mod-Podge and I had me a simple but fun craft.

After Mod-Podging the book pages to the jars, I printed off some letters, cut them out and painted over them with black paint.

End result: these beauties. I still need to get some candles but I think they turned out pretty awesome. I could have been a little more careful with my painting but with 4 children under foot at all times, I think I did pretty good with the time I did have to put towards this craft. They look great with our large Nutcrackers!



We are all ready for Christmas! A few more presents need purchasing but the house is fancied up and ready to go!


No comments: