One day last week, Hannah decided to boycott her nap. This made for a very long afternoon but after an early dinner and bath, she conked out for the night nestled next to me on the couch at 6:45 pm. Not quite time to give up the napping little one!
I made this delicious dish on Monday this week and decided it must be shared with all. It's sweet and sour chicken and I found the recipe through Pinterest. You can find it here. It's a labor intensive prep but the end result it so delicious, it's worth it! We've had it a few times now and the entire family loves it. This was the first time I made the fried rice to go with it. Wonderful as well! A new family staple!
( PS- yes, my dishes look like crap. Reason #461 of why I can't stand our cheapy dishwasher and why I also need new dishes (see the chip for proof!). )
Hannah loves to cuddle with anyone willing. She and Ellie snuggled up one morning before Ellie headed off to school.
Sister Sandwich!
Carter has a very active imagination. On Tuesday, we played Secret Spies and Detective. He was a secret spy keeping Ava's special cookie recipe safe from thieves. He wore his special pumpkin mask (one of Grammy's Halloween treats) so no one would see his face!
Ava also wore her secret spy mask (from Grammy & Grampy as well). Ava had a challenging role in this game as she had to double as both the chef whose recipe is in jeopardy and a secret spy who has to keep the recipe safe. She performed admirably.
I was handed the role of detective. I served very little purpose to the game as I was busy prepping lunch but every now and then, the secret spies would run up to tell me about the bad guy trying to take the recipe and I would take notes to help solve the case.
Rather than join in and play with the rest of us, Hannah continued her quest to fall from the pantry shelves while sneaking food. She has yet to fall but as she continues to climb the shelves multiple times every day and likes to climb all the way to the top if no food on lower shelves catches her attention first, it is an inevitable ending in the near future. Unfortunately, closing the pantry door is not a solution as it is a bi-fold door and the little menace knows how to open it. I have a few ideas of how to keep it closed from her but have yet to get to the store to get the required objects so we continue our game of Hannah scaling the shelves and me lifting her down 5+ times a day!
No comments:
Post a Comment