Ack, it's been a while. I know. It's not for lack of having things to update the blog about. Nor is it lack of times that I've tried to update. The main issue at the moment is that I have apparently reached my capacity to upload photos for free to my blog. Apparently Blogger, which is owned by Google, has oh so kindly saved all my photos in a Picasa album for me. I've now reached my free storage capabilities so they want me to buy an expanded storage plan. I have spent more time than I like trying to figure out how to clear out this album and such to no avail. So at this point, I'm trying to decide if I want to pay to have my blog each month (ugh) or start another new one for free. I'll keep you updated on the final outcome once I make a decision.
So what is new with the Wendorffs? All sorts of things have been happening, things I've had several blog posts about.
*We celebrated Papa's birthday. I have the funniest photo of Hannah and Isabella on Papa's lap looking like they are being tortured that I hope to share soon.
*Ellie had her fourth grade concert. This year included the introduction of the recorder to the grade. I also had the privilege of learning the recorder in the 4th grade, from my Papa who was our elementary music teacher. I remember my mother mentioning in high school how different the band concerts were from the ones I had in middle school. I now know what she meant! While the recorder isn't by any means a pleasing instrument to listen to in the first place, hearing the 98 4th grade students at Christina Huddleston attempt to play 6 songs on them was ear piercing! The whole concert attending experience is torture-esque to Jake so I'm not sure he paid much attention but I can tell you that to the musically trained ear, I was in fact able to detect different pitches in the recorders and heard many noises that shouldn't come from any type of musical instrument. It will be interesting once Ellie starts band and we get the privilege of more concerts as the musicians learn the instruments! She's currently thinking she would like to play the flute (gag!). 5th grade band was cut a few years ago during a massive budget reduction so I've got some time to convince her the saxophone is the way to go!
*We had a quiet Thanksgiving with Jake's parents. Just us and them. Rich and I whipped up the meal and it was terrific (minus the gravy. Still working on perfecting my gravy techniques). I passed on the Thanksgiving shopping deals but did make a run to JoAnn's on Friday with their 25% off everything coupon. I now have several projects in the works that include a Christmas present for each kid (monogrammed library bags -shh, don't tell!), a crochet blanket for the baby (about a 1/3 done already), and a sewing machine tote for myself which was a steal on sale and with my coupon. So I mostly shopped for myself but that's ok, right?!
Otherwise there's not much to report on around here. #5 will be 34 weeks on 11/28. We are as ready as we are going to be for him/her. The only thing #5 does not have much of is clothing. However, this is intentional as I don't want gobs of yellow clothing. I have saved a few of the gift cards from #5's shower so once we know a gender, we can buy the babe some appropriate clothing. Otherwise, the cradle is in place, the closet is loaded with a car seat and bouncer, and we have a bag full of diapers, bottles, lotions, and other necessities. All we need is #5. We have more or less settled on a girl name and each have a boy name we like. I'm just glad we have a girl name agreed on. I have a suspicion that when the parents do not know the gender, the baby can change at will. I think this was the case with Hannah. She decided to be a girl because we didn't have a girl name. So hopefully we can trick this baby into being a boy by not having an agreed upon boy name! Although in the long run, gender is not important to us. We just want a healthy, happy baby.
We've also started decorating for Christmas. The tree is up and tomorrow we'll dig out the box of other decorations. We have to keep it pretty simple this year as we have an un-decorator in the house. I already busted the toddler menace removing ornaments from the tree not once today, but twice. So not much more will be going up this year!
That's pretty much it around here! My beloved camera started acting goofy last week and had focusing issues when trying to zoom in. After discussing the issue with Canon tech support, it was decided to send her in for examination. She's still covered under warranty so hopefully the issue is something they will fix for free. If it's not, they will give me a quote and I can decide how to proceed. We mailed her off to the repair center today. I'm hoping to have her back by Christmas but definitely need her back in 5-6 weeks! I feel as though I've lost a limb by sending her away. Of course, she wasn't doing me any good not working right so it is a necessary separation. They just better get my camera back to me before #5 comes! Good thing I can't upload pictures at the moment any way!
Hope everyone is having a blessed and wonderful holiday season. I'll update soon regarding what I decide with the blog. I'm feeling cheap, so it will likely be the start of another blog. Toodles!
1 comment:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos
try going there and delete some photos that you know you don't use anymore.... like old headers. I did that every few weeks, for about a year.... and then recently decided I was tired of that and paid to upgrade. I decided my blog is worth $2.50 a month for right now. And I surely love not having to deal with that "you have reached your storage limit" message!
Post a Comment