Grammy and Grampy came back to MN for a visit last weekend, which resulted in a bunch of parties for various occasions.
Party #1 was the triple birthday party for Jake, Ava, and Carter on Thursday night.
Sadly, not many of my party pictures turned out. The lighting was a bit off in some since I was playing with my settings. The kids were also blurry in a few from their constant movement. There is also a curious imposter in many of the photos who blocked my shots. Hannah was really excited by all the goodies!
Saturday, we kicked started our day of 3 stops with a baby shower for #5. My awesome extended family on my mom's side decided that all babies should be celebrated, especially when there are no hand-me-downs or things for the baby since #5 was a surprise and the mama had gotten rid of everything already. I've picked up most of the equipment we need at my MVMOM sale and other garage sales, but we still needed bottles, diapers, onesies (I have a thing about buying those used. It's like buying used underwear- you just don't do it!), burp cloths, and bath supplies. My family delivered! What we didn't receive in actual items, I got lots of Target gift cards and money to stock up. In fact, with the gift cards burning a hole in my pocket, I already went to Target and stocked up on bottles and onesies. I'm waiting on the diapers since we do still have 9.5 weeks to go and I don't feel like storing several packages for 2 months. I also used some of the money for a cradle I found on Craigslist. It's exactly what I wanted to #5 to sleep in since it's bigger than a bassinet so we can get a good 5 months out of it! I finally feel prepared for the little one!
The next stop on our day of parties was to my other grandparents' house to see my extended family there. My cousin who is living with my grandparents had his confirmation that weekend and nearly all the family came home. Here's all the grandkids and the four great-grandkids, minus Alex and my cousin Megan. I have one uncle who contributed 9 to this bunch! (We are underachievers in the Ramaker family with a measly 5. My other uncle settled at a paltry 3 children and my parents bring up the rear with a disappointing count of only 2 kids!)
The Wendorff segment with T-Ray and his amazing wife
Our third stop of the day was for Isabella's 1st birthday party. I unfortunately didn't get my camera out for that segment of our day. The kids had a blast dancing up a storm in the basement with Thomas and one of Tony's other brothers Adam. I felt that I needed to pay Adam and his girlfriend Katelynn at the end of the night since they did such an awesome job keeping my older 3 entertained. Now that Isabella is 1, she and Hannah had a good time playing together. Hannah will crawl with Isabella and they laugh at each other. Amanda and I have concluded that they will be real trouble in a few more months!
Grammy and Grampy had to leave Monday afternoon. We enjoyed having them with us and can't wait to see them again in January! They both got their project lists completed so I will have to start thinking about what I need their help with the next time they come back! Although helping me maintain order in the aftermath of #5's arrival is the biggest task for January!
No comments:
Post a Comment