It's the season of chaos in the Wendorff household. I feel like there is too much to be done, a to-do list that continues to keep growing, no time to accomplish anything, and 5 littles and 1 big person who prevent any hopes of productivity in this house. Here's a quick look at how things are looking around here:
If you aren't a Type A, OCD person like myself, you may be looking at those photos wondering what the problem is. The problem is that with a family of 7, the laundry piles up in the blink of an eye. With all the baby equipment everywhere, the house feels messy very quickly even if there is only 2-3 items on the floor. And the biggest problem is that I can't figure out how these messes happen since nobody EVER makes the mess. It's a constant argument between numbers 1, 2, and 3 over who contributed to any accumulation on the floor and they spend so much time arguing over it that they end up too tired to clean it up. So that's where I'm at these days. Trying to stay sane when I'm someone whose physical environment directly correlates to my mental state of mind.
Anyway, here's what we've been up to the past few weeks:
Egg decorating
Can you tell what's wrong with this picture?!
{aside from the baby's head tipping way back}
Playing outside as much as possible
Growing bigger and cuter by the day
And a trip to the zoo with Isabella!
Several things were learned on this trip:
1. The more adults, the better. It was me, Amanda, and Tony to 6 kids and I was still exhausted trying to keep an eye on everyone.
2. We are now in the market for a double stroller. Thought we could get by without one but with all the stuff we hauled with us and the baby not always a fan of the Baby Bjorn, we need to get a double for the next year or two.
Catching a ride in Isabella's stroller since our stroller was carrying all the bags and coats
To further add to the chaos of our life, we are ripping out and replacing the entire main level's flooring this weekend. Gone goes the dinged up and battered wood and disgustingly stained carpet and in goes a nice light laminate, which should be much more durable for our brood. We are doing this project ourselves with the help of Tony so it's going to be an interesting weekend! Since I like to be as stressed out as possible at any given time, I took on the spring cleaning this week and I'm leaving next week for a few days to visit my parents. Sophia's baptism is the 21st and Holly and Joel will be flying back for that. While they don't stay with us when they are here, Jake and I still want the house projects to be completed and the house to look nice. Not sure how all that is going to happen when we rip it apart the 12th, attempt to reassemble it the 13th and 14th and I fly out the 16th to the 19th. It's safe to say I may need some Prozac by Sunday night!! Of course, after all that is said and done, the calendar is clear for months! Isn't that the way it always goes?!


No comments:
Post a Comment