Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Georgia with E, H, and S

Ellie, Hannah, Sophia and I took a quick trip to Georgia last week to visit my parents.  Originally, the trip was going to be just me and Sophia.  When Jake and I were discussing logistics though and who would watch the other kids while I was gone, we determined that in all reality, Hannah would have a very hard time without me.  When my mom heard that I was bringing Hannah too, she offered to buy Ellie's ticket so that I would have an extra set of hands in the airports and on the planes.  She is a genius, that Grammy is!  On the way there, Ellie had to hold Sophia during both landings while I dealt with Hannah, who was at meltdown point both times.  While I could have managed without Ellie, it would not have been easy!
 
We flew in to Savannah Tuesday afternoon and left early Friday morning so it was a quick trip.  From the airport, we decided to go right out to Tybee Island and spend Tuesday night at the condo.  As soon as the cars were unpacked, we headed to the beach so Hannah could run off her energy from the flights.
 




Ellie wanted to go swimming right away.  Alex also flew in for a visit at the same time so he was relegated to pool duty with Ellie.  He said it was freezing!

Wednesday morning we headed to the beach for more playtime.


Sophia was not a fan of the beach.  The wind blew in her face making it hard for her to breathe.  The sunshine, something new to her with this never-ending winter we are having in MN, was too bright.  So she slept or cried most of her two walks along the shore.





We stopped in Savannah on the way to my parents' house so Ellie could see River Street.  Her only interest was the candy store, where she got some saltwater taffy to bring home.  They weren't pulling any taffy when we were there but she did score a sample of some fresh praline that was delicous too.

Sophia was finally ok with being outside if we sat in the screen porch or kept her in the shade.

Hannah roamed around the yard all afternoon, evening, and all of Thursday, so happy to finally get to be outdoors without snow!  Of course, she has the bug bites to prove it!

And of course, she was reunited with her buddies Gus and Madison and played lots of games of catch with them.

Finally smiling and happy!

We had a great time.  The only thing I would want to do differently would stay another day or two and have the twinkies with too.  Thanks for a great trip Mom and Dad (and Alex)!

No comments: