Tuesday, May 14, 2013

4 Month Photos

I intended to take 3 month photos of Sophia.  I even ordered two pairs of ruffle bloomers, a headband, and a lace romper from a store on Etsy for the photos.  Unfortunately, I didn't read the reviews of the shop before placing my order.  While the seller had great reviews regarding her product, many complained about the length of time it took to get their items and the seller not responding to requests for information on their order.  So one month after I ordered the items and two unanswered messages to the seller, they came.  I could have still gotten the pictures taken in the middle of Sophia's 3rd month of life but that was the same time as the Georgia trip and baptism events.  So I took these mere days before she turned 4 months and I'm calling them 4 month shots instead!
 

So not feeling up to pictures!!

Sophia went in for her 4 month check up on May 3rd.  She clocked in at 15 lbs 8 oz (74%ile) and was 25 inches long (72%ile).  Girl digs her food!  She took her two shots and oral vaccine like a trooper.  She did have some thrush in her mouth so she's got a prescription to get rid of that.  It's almost all cleared up so she won't have to choke down the medicine much longer!  Otherwise, this little peanut is doing great.  She's learning how to use her hands and practices grabbing things all the time, especially my hair.  She's still going to physical therapy for her torticollis.  It's almost gone but she still has a little tightness to the one side (tilts a bit to her right.  you can see it in all the photos.  not super noticeable but still there). 
 
Other tidbits about our 4 month old nugget: loves to chatter, sleeps best when snuggled with someone, has started chuckling if we tickle her, enjoys grabbing at her toys on the playmat or bouncy seat, will yell at said toys if they aren't cooperating with her hands, smiles up a storm, and is a happy little girl.  She obviously enjoys eating and gulps a full 4 oz every feeding.  We'll start solids in mid June as the suggested solid start date has been pushed closer to 6 months old.  She will occasionally sleep through the night but we just moved her into the crib in the room next door so she's been waking up the past couple nights in a minor revolt.  I think once solids are in the picture, she will sleep through the night.  She still polishes off a whole bottle at some point in the night.    


Sophia loves to chew on her hands now.  Num, num, num!

This one looks like a baby mug shot!


When the package of photo props arrived, I tried the romper on Hannah to see if it fit her too.  It did and she remembered that she got to wear it when she saw Sophia in it.  She kept pulling on it and saying "Hannah turn" as I was taking Sophia's pictures.  So I finished up with Sophia and let Hannah have a turn. 


I intended to have her sit on the blanket while I took the pictures.  However, she wanted her photos just like Sophia's so she wanted to sit in the Bumbo too!


This picture makes me laugh because it is such a typical Hannah pose!

Oh my little girls!  The toddler-infant thing has been an adjustment but these two are so darn cute and have such fun personalities. 

No comments: