Thursday, May 9, 2013

Sophia's Baptism

Sophia Madilyn was baptized on April 21st, 2013.  (I'm behind, what else is new?!)  Sophia's godparents are Holly and Joel, the same as Carter as he will tell you at least once a day now.  We held off on having Sophia's baptism until the middle of April, figuring the weather would be nice for Holly and Joel to come back.  Instead, it snowed a massive amount a day after Holly arrived.  We'll never be able to convince her to move back now!  Despite the weather woes, the day went great for little Sophia.  She wore the dress my Grandma made 60 years ago for my aunt Amy to wear, who also happens to be my godmother.  My mother wore the dress, I wore the dress, and now all four of my girls have worn the dress.  The older girls have both said that any girls of theirs will wear the dress too!
 



Every time Father Kelly came to Sophia in the line of babies (there were 7 babies total being baptized that day, including a set of boy/girl twins -which brought back memories for Jake and I!), she gave him the biggest gummy smile she could.  I'm not sure if she liked Father Kelly or was just that excited to be baptized but without fail, every time he came to her, he was rewarded with a big smile!


Afterwards, we headed back to Papa and Grandma's for lunch and cupcakes.  Hannah had taken her nap during the baptism on Papa's shoulder.  Isabella and Elizabeth were about ready for a nap.  So this is about as good as it got for the Grandparents/Grandchildren picture that Papa wanted.  I have a series of photos of Hannah crying and screaming, which ends with Elizabeth joining in!  It's funny, but it's not!  Good thing this photo will be outdated in just a few months when Baby Girl #2 Kunkel (BKG2 as we call her) arrives.  We'll try again next time Holly and Joel come back and get the 2011 babies in a better mood!

I think this is our first family photo since Sophia!  Hannah is still ticked off though so she wasn't feeling it.

A couple days later, I stuck Sophia back into her baptismal gown to get a few pictures of her alone.  I have a picture of each kid in their outfit in the bouncer seat and wanted one of Sophia to join the bunch.  Unfortunately, her bouncy seat tips back quite far, likely due to the 30 lb toddler that still tries to get in it at times.  It was hard to get just the right angle to get my desired shot to resemble the other kids.  Not to mention that Sophia was not feeling pictures at that moment in time!

Probably the best one and while she isn't smiling, I think the twins were the only two who did have a semi-smile in their photos so it will fit in with the serious bunch of baptism pictures!

And enough! I actually think this pic is pretty cute too.  When this girl has had enough, she is done!

It was a wonderful day for Sophia and we are thankful to Holly and Joel for coming back for our baby's special occasion and to meet the little lady for the first time.  We're sorry for the crappy weather but once you two move back, you'll get used to it again! ;)

No comments: