Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Gone

The boxes are gone. Or most of them I should say. Yesterday was a beautiful day and the kids and I were outside playing for hours. As I can't just sit outside and do nothing, I decided to attempt to straighten up the garage for the zillionth time.

As I was moving stuff around, a strange compulsion to get rid of the boxes seized me. Next thing I knew, there was a mound of flattened boxes on top of the recycling can and I had a putty knife in hand, the putty knife being the sharpest thing I could find in my child-proofed garage. (fyi- putty knives have no problem slicing through tape and cardboard)

I actually had to stop myself in action as I do still need a few large boxes to hold my stuff for my Mothers of Multiples sale in a few weeks. I even had to find some packaging tape to repair one box in order to hold all the other disgarded boxes.

I am so proud of myself for getting rid of these boxes. I can't wait until after the sale so I can flatten those boxes too. It must be the season as I have been feeling this urge to get rid of things around the house.

I think it also helps that I know my mom has a pile of empty boxes at her house and she generally sends several large packages to us a year. In fact, she was the culprit behind half the boxes I had. I know she is up to the challenge of replenishing my box supply!

No comments: