Thursday, March 25, 2010

"I don't like Santa"

Oh, poor Carter. When Grammy was here, we went down to Wells to visit Grandma Mary (my grandma). My aunt Sue came over for lunch and to see my mother. We were finishing up lunch and the twins were getting back into playing when the door opened and in walked my uncle Bob, Sue's husband. I wish I had a photo of Bob to put up but a description will have to do. Bob has a beard, which was longer and more white than when it is trimmed up. He also has a bit of a belly, so it's not hard to see where Carter drew the comparison.

Anyway, Bob walked in and Carter froze. My mom got up to hug Bob and then I did as well. As soon as my arms went around Bob, Carter started screaming "I don't like Santa, I don't like Santa." He was hysterical and was only slightly pacified when I picked him up and held him.

After this outburst from Carter and the continued mutterings against my shoulder, we looked around for Ava. She was nowhere to be found in the kitchen. My mom went into Grandma's living room and found her huddled up in a corner, shaking, and saying repeatedly "I want to go home." It was pitiful but hilarious at the same time! She hadn't even seen Bob as she was in the other room but hearing Carter's reaction made her hide and panic.

I was finally able to convince Carter that it was Uncle Bob and not Santa. He's still not sure if he likes either of them though. Oh poor Carter. He must have been far more traumatized from his run-ins with Santa at Christmastime than I realized!

No comments: