Monday, April 12, 2010

Ellie's World



I feel I haven't posted much about Ellie lately. The pics I snap of the twins tend to be while Ellie is still in school and when she does get home, we don't see much of her. Apparently we don't have the same draw the neighborhood kids do.

Anyway, here's what has happened with Ellie:

*Lost her third tooth, another bottom one. Poor kid has too small a mouth for adult teeth so this tooth fell out only because her other front permanent tooth needed room. Braces are looking inevitable...

*Had her first grade musical concert on March 23rd. It was a great way to celebrate my birthday and the twins and I went to two of the three performances. (she's the peanut in the black & white dress)

*Learned to ride a two-wheeler!! This is the greatest accomplishment and I wish I could take the credit but it goes to Ellie's determination and the helpful nature of the neighborhood kids.


The story of the training wheels:
Ellie didn't touch her bike all last summer, opting instead to scooter her way around. A week ago, she decided she was ready to ride but wanted to skip training wheels. I overrode that opinion and put the training wheels on the bike. Last Thursday, she asked for them off, saying she was "so embarrassed" to still have the wheels. I refused to take them off and went in the house. Fifteen minutes later I went back out to see that the wheels had been kicked back so they weren't touching the ground. I decided to humor her and take one off. Since she was leaning to the right, I took that wheel off. Another girl walked next to her until she figured out how to balance. Since the other wheel was still kicked back and was not touching the ground at all, I opted to take that one off as well. So, in about an hour's time, Ellie learned to ride her bike and it required very little work from me! Just the way I like it!

Next on the docket for Ellie: learning to swim!

No comments: