Sunday, April 11, 2010

Mothers of Multiples Sale

Many people hear me talk about my mothers of multiples group's semi-annual sales but I don't think they fully get the concept. We had the spring sale yesterday and it was out-of-control! There were over 125 sellers and around 400 public shoppers. That doesn't count member shoppers who get the first shot at everything in the gym. The sale is from 9-11 for members and 11-2 for public shoppers. This time there were almost 600 transactions and the sale grossed over $42,000!! If that isn't intense for a 5 hour time frame, I don't know what is!

It is crazy busy but is a great way to get rid of baby and kid stuff I no longer want. I made about $250. As a board member, we have to be there for all of set-up on Friday (noon-11ish) and before the sale through clean-up Saturday (5:45 am - 5:15 pm!). A lot of time on the feet and generally on little sleep but so much fun! You get to see lots of other MOMs that don't always come to our meetings, get away from the kids for a few days, and can even score great deals on stuff for the kids! Although board members log in so many hours, we do get to pre-shop on Friday night so we get the very first dibs on items! Definitely worth it but it can be overwhelming deciding where to start.

For proof of the madness, see the below pictures:



No comments: