Thursday, October 18, 2012

Another Relaxing Weekend

We had another wonderful relaxing weekend this past Saturday and Sunday.  Saturday was a rainy, gloomy day that started with us spending the morning in our pajamas, eating a big breakfast of eggs and hashbrowns made by Jake, and watching cartoons.
 

After a small lunch for the little people, we all went to the gym for some kid playtime and adult exercising.  Hannah and I came home after my workout for her nap.  She also found a green marker and turned herself into the Hulk.


Jake took the twins swimming after his workout.  When they got home, it was still raining steadily and was the perfect afternoon for a nap on the couch.

 
Sunday was a perfect fall day.  We stayed home from both the gym and Sunday School because Carter was running a fever and not feeling well.  That afternoon, the twins went outside for a little fresh air and to enjoy the sun.  They love when Daddy puts them in the tree in the front yard!

"Take a picture of me sleeping in the tree."

 
It was another wonderful weekend with plenty of time for rest and relaxation and to still get some things done around the house.  I've been on a fall cleaning binge lately.  Some may call it nesting.  I call it "spring cleaning didn't get past the main level/some things around here haven't been cleaned in our 3 years of living here/I finally have time to get to this stuff with the twins gone 2 afternoons a week/the house isn't getting any bigger but we have to stick a 7th person somewhere in just a few months/it's time to get rid of the unneeded junk taking up space".  Regardless of what you and I may call it, I've been very efficient and effective at getting things done and clearing out a lot of the stuff we don't use around here. 
 
This weekend will be another low-key weekend for us with only a couple things on the agenda.  Then, the triple birthday on Monday!  I still can't believe Ava and Carter will be 5 years old!  And Jake will get to celebrate his last year in the 20s.  It definitely makes life a little easier to have three family members share the same birthday!

No comments: