Thursday, October 25, 2012

Fall Fun

Last week was a terrific fall week.  Ellie had two days off from school for EM (formally, and forever, known as MEA).  The weather was also perfect fall weather hovering in the 60s, allowing plenty of outside play and fresh air for the troops.
 
Here's our week and weekend in a nutshell:
 
Ellie, Ava, and Carter love to run from the front door into the grass by the driveway doing gymnastics moves (also known as Ellie cartwheels and the other two jump, twist, or somersault into the grass).  Not to be outdone, Hannah has joined in on the fun.

Her move is to strictly keep running into the grass with maybe a minor jump involved.  But you better well be clapping as she will watch you to make sure you applaud her efforts!

A mid-morning snack.  If I recall correctly, this snack did not need a spoon but you try telling that to Hannah now that she can use utensils!


Thursday morning of the MEA break

Saturday morning, I took the younger three to the MVMOM Halloween party.  You may recall that a few years ago, I was the Special Events Coordinator for the group.  This party fell under my umbrella of planning.  I have to say that I enjoyed attending the party responsiblity-free 10 times more than having to plan the whole thing!  The party was awesome and I so wish Pinterest would have been popular in 2010 as that is where Bethany (the lady who took over the role after me) said she found all her ideas.  Sure beats thinking up ideas on your own!



The kids had fun playing games and winning prizes.

They also made a tissue paper pumpkin.  (And I love Hannah wandering in the background!)

The parade!

My twinkies! 
Ava is dressing as a butterfly this year and Carter is Superman.  Ellie is going to wear a witch costume and Hannah will be whatever fits her in the dress-up box.

Love this girly's attitude!




Sunday was absolutely beautiful and was probably the last day of 2012 in the 70s.  Jake took the twins on their first official bike ride.

Hannah was less than thrilled about being left behind but I'm not sure I can handle riding a bike right now!  And in my efforts to freakishly get rid of things, I sold the bike trailer before Hannah was born so we don't have anything for her to ride in anyway.  Next year, we'll pick up a new trailer for Hannah and #5 to cruise around in.

Hannah was much happier once she started levitating in the driveway.
Actually, this photo is the #1 reason this camera was worth every penny it cost.  Can't beat that shutter speed when capturing moments like this!


The gorgeous fall day was capped off with leaf angels in the yard.

The twinks and Jake had their birthday on Monday.  I still can't believe my little babies are 5 years old!  We are having their party tomorrow night after Grammy and Grampy fly in for the weekend!. This will be the first birthday party for the twins that both sets of grandparents are able to be here for.  We are very excited!
 
In other news, I no longer sleep much.  I have reached the point where I crash, sleep hard, wake up a few hours later, and am unable to go back to sleep.  Not always fun the next day when there are 4 munchkins to care for and I can't just crawl back in bed when I get tired again.  It's a good thing I haven't slept much in the last 5.5 years so I can function while sleep-deprived!  I am at 29 weeks today so only 11 or so more weeks to go.  I had a doctor appointment today to check on #5.  All looks good and an ultrasound confirmed that baby finally did move to a head down position.  I almost asked the doctor for a gender reveal but decided that we've made it this far, we must persevere!  Still no names settled on so it will all be a big surprise for everyone when the day comes (Jake and I included!  Hannah wasn't even a name we'd really discussed so we seem to do well in the moment at coming up with great names.).
 
More to come on the birthdays celebration and our busy weekend.  I'm feeling tired so I better take advantage and get some sleep.

No comments: