Friday, October 5, 2012

Another Wendorff Wedding and Weekend

 Last week and weekend, Holly and company came back for a visit!
 
In typical one-big-happy-family fashion, we tossed as many of the cousins in the tub as we could.  Amanda didn't feel the babies would be safe, even for a picture, so she took Isabella and Elizabeth to another bathroom for their bath.  I'm not sure what her concern was.  It's not like these 5 get rowdy or anything! ;)

That Friday night, we went to a wedding for another Wendorff cousin.  It was held at the Mayowood Stone Barn in Rochester.  A beautiful place!

Hannah decided she wasn't up for another short wedding ceremony, so she and I hung out at the back of the loft while the ceremony took place.  She was in a much better mood when we got downstairs to the reception and found a goodie bag meant just for her with a snack in it.

The others enjoyed their goodie bags too.

I thought the beautiful stone buildings would make the perfect background to get a picture of my bunch.  Apparently Hannah wasn't interested in participating and we picked up an extra in the form of Olivia! (Can you say ham by the way?!  Look at Olivia in these pictures.  She doesn't enjoy the camera at all!)


A picture of 3 of the 4 Zimmermanns.  I still have no idea where Elizabeth was when we took this photo.  But we weren't concerned that night and she did make it home with the family, so no foul.

Jakey and I
No more full body shots.  It's just not a pleasant sight anymore.  Only 14 long more weeks to go!

The older three will cooperate for their mother.

But this little bugger was more interested in running around and going up and down this little hill.

I did finally corner all four together later though and got a fairly decent picture.
This is right before our night fell apart with a meltdown by Carter and the decision by me to bring the kids home early.  A good choice since I refuse to deal with meltdowns in public and it showed the children I mean what I say.  I have a feeling better behavior will play out at the next family function.
 
Saturday night, we celebrated Grandma Debbie's birthday early.  She's only 29!

There's Elizabeth!  Isn't she a cutie?!  I can't get over how different all the 2011 babies look.  Hannah and Isabella both have blonde hair but very different faces and eye colors.  Bethie has dark hair and dark eyes.  Of course, I failed to get a picture of the 2011 babies again and a picture of all the grandchildren together.  My only consolation in this failure is that in a little over 3 months, any pictures would be inaccurate so I'll try harder next time when they visit and #5 is here.

We had a great time hanging out with family.  We are still trying to convince Holly and Joel to move to Minnesota.  Ava and Olivia love to play together and we have dreams of a dynamic tennis duo.  It's still a work in progress but we won't give up yet!

No comments: