Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Birthday Celebration!

Ava and Carter are 3!! We celebrated their birthday Saturday night. I made lasagna (which seems to be my standard birthday meal for them. I know I made it for their first birthday party and it was either lasagna or manicotti last year for their second birthday. I'm very consistent!).

We did a separate cake for each twin and then Jake got his candles tossed onto one of the cakes after the twins blew their candles out. I had big plans of decorating a cake with a Dora face for Ava and a cake with a Diego face for Carter. However, with the Halloween party that morning and having to cook dinner that afternoon, I just didn't have the energy to attempt such a task in me. There was a whole container of orange-tinted buttercream frosting left from the party and since I couldn't just throw it away, I used that for their cakes and shoved their Dora & Diego figurines into the cake. Hey, at least I tried!

Here's all the pictures of the present opening and cakes. Please excuse the fact that they are only wearing underwear. We are still working on the concept of cold weather and the need for clothes.












Carter did not like when we sang happy birthday to Jake. We didn't even attempt to sing it to Ava and Carter but it didn't matter who the song was for, he didn't want to hear it!

I think I have a picture of Ellie with the exact same expression when we sang to her at a birthday. I will have to see if I can find it!

No comments: