Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Redemption

It ate at me all last week that I forgot to have Ellie practice her spelling words. Every time I went to the fridge last week, I saw the new list and constantly reminded myself to make her practice.

Friday morning, I grilled her. This week was a review week but had 25 words from previous tests along with five "super challenge" words. Despite her resistance to my quizzing her, she managed to rock the test! She got all the regular words right and 4 of the 5 challenge words. The one word she got wrong, present, was one she struggled with at home and as it was 8:53 when I asked her that one and 8:54 is the time she needs to head out the door to get to the bus stop on time, I let it slide.

But I just have to say I feel redeemed. I didn't fail her last week! And since this week is EM (formerly known as MEA) and she gets out two hours early today and has the rest of the week off, there is no spelling test. Hooray for that!



In other Ellie news, I don't believe I have posted a picture of her in her new glasses. They are purple and super cute. My favorite pair she's had thus far.



Now off to finish off our busy week. Ellie has the next two days off of school. Jake took Thursday and Friday off from work. Friday is the triple birthday (hence Jake's time off. He apparently can't work on his birthday, which is compounded by the fact that it is also the twins' birthday and on a Friday this year). Since it is also supposed to be Fall Break for me, one of my online classes had no assignments and my Saturday class does not meet. However, I have to plan, organize, and pull off the multiples' group Halloween Party on Saturday. I also filled my to-do list with numerous household projects and school projects I can work ahead on. Of course, to rain on my parade, history teacher has decided to lay it on real thick this week, so I have to add all his numerous deadlines in with all my other projects. Oh well, I'm loving the productivity levels I've been having with all these things to do! The old Alissa might just be back! (Although Mom, I promise to try not to reach the point where I knew you used my chapstick because while you placed it in the exact same spot on my dresser, you had the label just a little bit off from the direction it was supposed to face. I realize that I might have been just a bit insane with the OCD tendencies back then and will try to control that from happening again!)

More as we tackle our week of fun and get things done around the house! Til then, toodles!

No comments: