Where have my little babies gone? It is so hard to believe that they are almost 3 years old! I feel like the last 3 years have both aged me considerably and sailed by in the blink of an eye.
There are some advantages to 3 (or almost 3) year olds. The conversation topics are rarely dull. Their imaginations run wild and it is so fun to observe what games and ideas they concoct. And of course, we are reaching the height of the independence era. They would rather do everything themselves, especially Miss Ava. I love seeing their different personalities.
Ava is the boss and everything is her way. She likes to play Barbies and babies and doesn't mind playing by herself. She also has decided that clothing is optional. I'm sure you've been wondering if I ever dress my children and the truth is that I try. Ava will wear clothes out in public but the minute we are in the door, she strips to her underwear. I'm not sure why this is but hopefully she will decide clothes are a necessity when it gets colder out!
Carter is our cool little man. He prefers to have company with him at all times. While Ava is off playing quietly, Carter can be found right next to me chatting my ear off. Everything is "Watch this Mom!" He is very into jumping, somersaulting, and tossing balls around. Dumping everything out of my neatly organized containers is another favorite pasttime.
No comments:
Post a Comment