Why so very, very excited? Well, first let me start off by saying that of the 49 people that took this test, only 2 got over 90%. Two. I was one of those 2. So that is a huge part of it. And only five people were in the 80% range. People just didn't do well on this test.
I should also add that this teacher is either very excited about the subject matter (US History from the start of colonization to the Civil War) or seems to think that an online class requires mountains of work to make up for the lack of classroom time. My reasoning:
- We have 3 assigned texts/books. We get to choose the 4th, an autobiography, ourselves. According to this man, 4 credits means 4 books.
- In the first five weeks of class, we have already had 18 quizzes. Yes, you read that right, 18 quizzes. His estimate is that when the semester ends, we'll have had roughly around 50 quizzes.
- The teacher loves nothing more than piling on an assortment of assignments. Example: last week we had 3 quizzes, a paper, and a discussion topic that needed 4 posts with 2 before Sunday. Add this to the fact that we had a test on Monday. Nevermind that I also have 3 other classes and a life to live.
Anyway, I am super pumped to have done so well. In fact, I might even start trying harder to bump my now high-B to an A. Who'd have thought a class I was practically getting a C in just a week or so ago would now actually have me excited? Take that history man!
No comments:
Post a Comment