Monday, September 13, 2010

Red Rabbits

Today was Ava and Carter's first day of Kids Peace Time, the Mom's Day Out/preschool program I found for them. Normally they will be there from 9:30-2, but since today was the first day, class only lasted until 12:30. They are in the Red Rabbits classroom, which I am guessing is for kids around 2 years old. Although they try to tell me that they didn't have fun, I don't believe them. They were very excited to tell me all they did on the way home.

Ava refused to stand so I could get a nice picture of both of them with their lunch bags.



This is why I don't believe their claims that they didn't have fun. I caught them playing!

It was interesting to be away from them. I don't get many moments of freedom or when I do, the moments tend to be at night, when I am either at my wit's end and take off for an errand or when I have class or meetings for my multiples group. I spent the three hours wondering what to do with myself. There were a couple instances were I even contemplated crying because it was so weird to be away from them and not have to chase them around everywhere I went. (For the record, I chalk this up to hormones more than actual despair!)
It won't be like this every week since I have some things to do for school that will require me using that time to its full potential, but it was definitely an out-of-water experience! I did find a used maternity shop and bought some more clothes for me (no kangaroo pants though), a used bookstore where I just about rounded out my hardcover Harry Potter collection, ran into JoAnn Fabrics looking for cow-print fabric (no luck), and had lunch at Panera Bread where I finished the novel for my Children's Lit class. So all in all, a successful morning for us all!


No comments: