Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup
Still working out the spices, was lacking something
Ava wanted cookies but as I didn't have chocolate chips, oatmeal, or enough peanut butter to make any type I'd prefer, we cracked out a cookbook and whipped up some homemade brownies. Delicious. The following week, I made a crazy cake. Thankfully I only put on three pounds the month of August!
I found a pattern for an adorable pillowcase dress for the girls on Etsy. Here is my efforts at making the first model. I will post photos of the second round of dresses. The first dresses are a little rough :)
I made a roast with potatoes and carrots.
Then I decided to one-up myself and make a gravy.
It was THE BEST GRAVY I have ever tasted!
It even beat out Grandma Jackie's and if you know Grandma Jackie, you know she makes a mean gravy. I might just be able to give her a run for her money!
I capped off the month by making some homemade french fries. We were grilling burgers and didn't have any fries in the freezer. Knowing how awesome I've been at whipping stuff up lately, I decided to try making homemade fries. Wow! I will never buy frozen fries again! It was so simple and they tasted delicious. I'm really on to something here....
August really helped me channel my inner creativity. I'm thinking September is going to involve making my own applesauce. It may never be as delicious as Grandma Mary's (need to have those special apples from her tree that make the applesauce pink!) but I'm going to give it a whirl. We'll see what else I can come up with. At least one Halloween costume is on the docket as well. Ava will be able to wear an old one of Ellie's but I will have to make Carter's half of the costume. I'm not spilling the beans on what they will be but be prepared for major cuteness!
Well off to see what else I can come up with for creative projects. I'm finally finding my groove and leaving the fog of being consumed by these children!
No comments:
Post a Comment