Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Party Hats and Bathtub Parties

Do you like my party hat? I loved it. I didn't want to take it off and I ran around making sure everyone else had their party hats on too.


What was the reason for the party hat? A belated birthday celebration for Olivia, who is now 1! Papa surprised us and flew Olivia and Holly up for the weekend. We were further surprised when Joel flew himself up for the weekend to join the festivities as well. Here we all are modeling the awesome party hats before the party started. It was also Tony's birthday the next day, so we got to do twice the celebrating!

As you can see, Ava would not wear a party hat. She didn't seem to grasp the importance of wearing the party hat for the party. She did like the balloons though so I guess she isn't a total party pooper.
After some yummy cake, we got to take a bath with Olivia! It was so much fun! I got to show her all the fun things I do in the tub. She was impressed. I couldn't sit close enough to her while she played. She did do a lot of splashing, so I did keep some space.


Since I wanted to show her all the fun things you can do in the tub, I had to show her my new favorite thing. I like to stick my face in the water and pretend I'm a baby hippo. She was impressed.

We had a great time seeing Olivia. She is all I've been talking about all week. She can walk now and even gave us all hugs. I might have gotten a little too intense for her a few times and accidentally pushed her down, but I can't help that when I'm a head and a half taller. She's just so cute and I have to get in her face to tell her that!
I can't wait to see them again at Christmas!
Love, Carter

No comments: